Paranormal Activity in My House

The story I’m going to share about just happened to my husband and me on May, 2019. We bought this house in September 2010, and have lived there for 8+ years with many scary things happening to us, but I am going to share the most recent story. If I see that there is enough interested people reading my story, I will share more of my experiences. I will give a little bit of a back story before I go into the full story, so that you understand the situation. Paranormal Activity

Paranormal Activity in My House

After many years of living in our house, we had decided to sell (more like me forcing my husband to sell). We bought our house from a bank foreclosure, so it was very cheap, hence why my husband didn’t want to sell.

Our house was a split entry with a big entry foyer. When you go upstairs, you enter the living room, which is connected to the kitchen and informal dining room. To your right is the bathroom and down a short hallway are the two bedrooms. When you go downstairs, you enter the family room. Turning right will lead you into the first bedroom and going straight will lead you to the fourth bedroom and bathroom. The 5th bedroom/den is to your far left and through that bedroom/den is the laundry room. It is not a walk-out downstairs, so the only entries into the house would be the garage which is connected to the house and enters through the foyer, the front door, and sliding glass door in the dining room. This is the layout of my previous house. This house is located on the outskirts of Andover, MN. Ghost Story

We sold the house and was moving everything out before closing on Friday. Our buyers gave us a nice offer, so we left the riding lawn mower and snow blower (both John Deere brand) for them in the shed. We moved everything out the weekend before closing, except the mower, snow blower, my husband’s weed trimmer in the shed (which doesn’t have a lock) and my son’s motorcycle in the garage.

Read More:

On Monday after work (around 3PM), my son went to go pick up his motorcycle with his uncle. When my husband got home, he asked if my son remembered to close the garage door. My son is still young and don’t pay much attention to those things, so my husband went to check. He found that the garage door was wide open, and the weed trimmer in the shed was gone. Creepy Story

My husband came back, took my second son, and did two trips to get the riding lawn mower and snow blower because he didn’t want those to be taken too. At this point in time, we were not sure if it were the neighbors or someone else took our belongings because we have lived there for 8+ years with no problem at all.

By the time he was done, it was getting around 10PM. He was a little more at ease once he moved the items to the new house. He told me that he would keep it with him until Friday, and after the closing, he would bring it back to the new owners as a gift.

It was getting late, so we went to bed. I was sleeping perfectly fine, but he couldn’t sleep. Now he was concerned that people might break into the house and destroy it before closing. What would we do then?

After tossing and turning, he said to me, “I’m going to go back to house sit. Are you coming or not?”

I didn’t want to go. I was getting comfortable already, almost asleep at that, but I grunted and said, “Fine. I’ll go with you.”

We got up, grabbed our pillows and blankets off the bed, wrapped it up, and grabbed the tied up extra bed cushions to sleep on. We threw those in the back seat of the truck and headed back to the old house. Horror Story

Once we got there, we walked through the entire house to make sure no one sneaked in. Everything was quiet and empty, so we laid out the thin bed cushion and made the bed.

It was late, so we slept. I didn’t sleep much which is always the case when I am unfamiliar with the location or in this case, it didn’t feel comfortable anymore in a big empty house. My husband slept fine like always, snoring away.

When we left in the morning, we would leave through the garage and lock the door between the garage and foyer. When we enter, we would always enter through the garage. We did this again the next night, always got there late around 10PM just to sleep.

On the third night, I was exhausted. With two sleepless nights, all I wanted was sleep. When we got there, we entered through the garage as usual but found that the garage door was unlock. We were sure we locked it in the morning, but oh well. We did our routine walk through the house and checked everything.

We went upstairs and laid down. We had our backs to each other and was surfing through our phone. Within 20-30 minutes of laying down, I heard a toilet flush downstairs. I got up and asked my husband if he heard it too. He said no, but we went downstairs to check.

We checked every source of water outlet that would cause the sound but saw nothing. We went back upstairs to lay down again. Within 20-30 minutes, I heard the sound again. This time my husband heard it as well. We rushed downstairs to check the toilet and lifted the lid to the tank but saw nothing. No running water or any signs of disturbance.

We checked the sump pump, well pump, sink, shower, and everything, but nothing. We looked outside, and it was quiet as can be. We went back upstairs to lay down. I laid down, but not my husband. He sat up alert and waiting. He sure wasn’t disappointed because within 10 minutes, we heard the sound again. He got up and ran downstairs. I yelled down to him that I wasn’t getting up this time. I was tired and wanted to sleep.

He came back emptied handed with no solution to the source of the sound. He checked the upstairs bathroom too and found nothing. He sat down and was confused. He didn’t know what to think, but being the man, he needed to be brave. He sat down silently, not watching his phone or anything. He just sat there. I knew what was going on but didn’t say anything as well.

Within just 10 minutes, we heard the toilet flush again, but now it was upstairs, down the hall, just about 10 feet from us. He got up and went to check. Nothing! He came back and laid down this time. We didn’t say anything. There was just silence.

I got up and said, “I’m hungry. I didn’t get to eat anything today. I’m going to go buy something to eat. You wanna come or not?”

He asked, “Now?”

I was like “Yep. Now.”

He said, “Ok. We will come back.”

I said, “Yep. We’ll come back.”

We left in a calm manner. We locked the door and went into the truck. We backed out of the driveway and didn’t say a word to each other at all.

After we drove for about 10 minutes, I let him have it. I was yelling at him.

I said, “Now you know why I wanted to sell the house? Now you believe me? It took this much to convince you. I saw a ghost (twice at that). Now imagine if you saw the ghost 3 years ago. You wouldn’t wait for me to agree to sell the house. Luckily you only heard sounds. You should have seen a ghost come out of the wall like I did. Of all the shit I had to go through for the last 8+ years, and I told you about everything, but oh no. You didn’t believe me. It was getting so bad, I was beginning to think I was going crazy.”

Oh, that night, I let him have it.

The next day, he refused to go back. Luckily, we closed on Friday, and now I am free from that horror. I still can’t believe I toughed it out 8 years. There were so many things that happened in that house. It was crazy. It was affecting my health to the point where I was having a hard time walking. I have more to share if you are interested. Thank you for reading my story. Paranormal Activity

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *